Staying healthy, which includes regular exercise, can be compatible with social distancing and hygiene recommendations. We will continue to closely monitor and follow the recommendations of relevant official bodies such as British Cycling and Cycling UK.
<<Updated 17th May 2021: BIGGER GROUPS ALLOWED >>
Managed Farcycles Saturday Group Rides - FOR DETAILED WEEKLY INSTRUCTIONS ADD YOURSELF TO THE WEEKLY RIDES MAILING LIST
General Safety Guidelines for Bubbles-of-Eight Group Rides
From 17th May, Farcycles have increased the size of the carefully controlled group rides on Saturday mornings from six to eight, whilst strictly following all of the necessary guidance regarding social distancing, gatherings and, if needed, ‘Track and Trace’.
We have taken the following list of requirements, for each participant, from the information provided by British Cycling. We ask you to read through them carefully before attending. We also ask you to use your own judgement in ensuring these rides are as safe as possible.
- Participants must not attend a ride or session if they have Covid-19 symptoms, have someone in their household who does and are in the extremely vulnerable category or if they have been asked to remain at home by the UK Government track and trace system.
- Participants must practice good respiratory hygiene during the activity (i.e. coughing, sneezing into a tissue or the crook of an elbow).
- Ensure all those involved maintain social distancing.
- Participants must provide their own equipment and refreshments if possible and avoid sharing the like of water bottles and food.
- Exercise within your personal physical and technical limitations to try and avoid additional burden on the NHS and the first aiders present.
- In line with government guidelines, masks or face coverings are not required if social distancing is maintained. At this stage using face masks or coverings is a personal choice but it should not restrict breathing.
- If a participant develops symptoms of Covid-19, they should stop taking part and be directed to follow the Government’s ‘test and trace’ guidelines, which can be read on the Gov.uk website.
- Participants should wash/sanitise their hands after the session.
- Participants leaving the activity must maintain social distancing.
- Any participant developing symptoms after a session should notify the organiser/leader or designated point of contact so that other members of the group can be advised and all should refer to the latest NHS advice.
CLICK HERE FOR SUGGESTED ROUTES IF YOU PREFER TO RIDE OUT ON YOUR OWN
The Cycle Park continues to remain open to the Public, and families are encouraged to make full use of this wonderful facility.
STAY SAFE - PLAY SAFE - MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCING.