Staying healthy, which includes regular exercise, can be compatible with social distancing and hygiene recommendations. We will continue to closely monitor and follow the recommendations of relevant official bodies such as British Cycling and Cycling UK.
DECEMBER 23RD 2020 - Oxfordshire enters TIER 4 : There will be NO published "bubbles-of-six" Saturday rides until guidelines allow. Instead - we encourage you to get out as individuals or families. Suggested "Stay-Safe" routes HERE .
<the below info is NOT relevant while we stay in Tier 4 >
Managed Farcycles Group Rides - FOR DETAILED WEEKLY INSTRUCTIONS ADD YOURSELF TO THE WEEKLY RIDES MAILING LIST
November 2020 - General Safety Guidelines for Bubbles-of-Six Group Rides
Following changes to social distancing rules introduced by the Government and previously published guidelines from British Cycling on June 18th ( see HERE ) the Farcycles now believe it is possible to re-introduce organised and carefully controlled group rides whilst strictly following all of the necessary guidance regarding social distancing, gatherings and, if needed, ‘Track and Trace’.
We have taken the following list of requirements, for each participant, from the information provided by British Cycling. We ask you to read through them carefully before attending. We also ask you to use your own judgement in ensuring these rides are as safe as possible.
- Participants must not attend a ride or session if they have Covid-19 symptoms, have someone in their household who does and are in the extremely vulnerable category or if they have been asked to remain at home by the UK Government track and trace system.
- Participants must practice good respiratory hygiene during the activity (i.e. coughing, sneezing into a tissue or the crook of an elbow).
- Ensure all those involved maintain social distancing.
- Participants must provide their own equipment and refreshments if possible and avoid sharing the like of water bottles and food.
- Exercise within your personal physical and technical limitations to try and avoid additional burden on the NHS and the first aiders present.
- In line with government guidelines, masks or face coverings are not required if social distancing is maintained. At this stage using face masks or coverings is a personal choice but it should not restrict breathing.
- If a participant develops symptoms of Covid-19, they should stop taking part and be directed to follow the Government’s ‘test and trace’ guidelines, which can be read on the Gov.uk website.
- Participants should wash/sanitise their hands after the session.
- Participants leaving the activity must maintain social distancing.
- Any participant developing symptoms after a session should notify the organiser/leader or designated point of contact so that other members of the group can be advised and all should refer to the latest NHS advice.
CLICK HERE FOR SUGGESTED ROUTES WHILE WE CONTINUE TO STAY SAFE
The Cycle Park will remain open to the Public, and families are encouraged to make full use of this wonderful facility.
STAY SAFE - PLAY SAFE - MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCING.