HOW DO WE COMMUNICATE WITH OUR FOLLOWERS AND OUR FANS?
THE GENERAL PUBLIC & THE MAILING LIST
2. FACEBOOK PUBLIC GROUP - DISCUSSION - ANYONE can post here - but you can’t be sure that others are going to read your post - because not everyone uses FB! (If you want to send a message to fellow farcyclists then it’s better to use the Full Members Google Group - see below) .
3. TWITTER, BLOG, CALENDAR ..... are all accessible to everyone
The links ABOVE are for EVERYONE. The links BELOW are for those Farcyclists who also want to take a more active role in Farcycles; sending messages to others; Volunteering to be ride LEADERS - and so on ....
4. GOOGLE GROUP OF THE FULL MEMBERS - (Note: this group allows you to EMAIL the FULL members. There's approx 30 farcyclists on this list: those who have opted in to be a FULL member.... This compares with the 170+ people who opt in to receive the weekly email through Mailchimp ) . You probably have multiple Google identities - so make sure you’re logged in to the right one. ... This is the Group for FULL MEMBERS . You can RECEIVE/VIEW and also POST on this group - IF you are a member of the Group. Membership is by invitation only. If you’re not already a member and you want to be - go to the page - click on the link in the left-hand column to send an email to the Administrator to be considered for Membership. All Farcyclists are encouraged to become FULL MEMBERS. Go on - you know you want to!
5. WHATSAPP - (if you want to TEXT other members) We use WhatsApp as our primary GROUP INSTANT MESSAGING TOOL - mostly for emergencies. If you want to be added to the FARCYCLES WhatsApp group - please email email@example.com with your mobile number so that you can then be invited to join the group (it's very easy to also leave the group by the way).
6. PERSONAL DETAILS/NEXT-OF-KIN Please do add your Personal Emergency Info HERE .
7. DOCUMENTS ON GOOGLE DRIVE - Agendas. Artwork. Minutes. Background docs. Next-of-Kin, Leaders Schedules - etc.
8. BLUE, RED & DOYB SWEEP/LEADER SCHEDULES - DIRECT link to Red/Blue Sweep/leaders etc. Anyone with the link can edit/swop.
9. ADVERTISING THE SPORTIVE - Flyers: drop-off points & allocated names